Silver Horizons relies on the generous support of the members of our community.
As an independent 501c3 nonprofit organization, Silver Horizons relies on the generous support of the members of our community. Whether you can give money or time, Silver Horizons appreciates the positive impact you are creating through the support of our life-enhancing programs.
Silver Horizons is looking for volunteers to assist with a wide-array of projects. Opportunities include:
- Food Pantry: Are you an energetic person and want to share your gift with others? Help Silver Horizons package and deliver food boxes.
- Fundraising: Help us keep our vital programs running through event planning and fund development donor campaigns.
- Media relations and marketing: Are you a creative person looking for a way to support seniors? We always need help getting the word out through social media, graphic design, newsletter writing, and photography.
- Clerical assistance: Help us stay organized through letter writing, data entry, and office organization.
- Outreach: Help us spread the word even further by talking to others and staffing an information booth at outreach events.
- Socializing: Join our team for Holiday Socials for Seniors and add smiles to the faces of low-income and at-risk seniors in our community.
Have a skill, but don’t see it on the list? Email Silver Horizons at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 505-884-3881. We always warmly welcome another set of helping hands.
Hosting a food drive can help low-income and at-risk seniors.
Please consider hosting a nonperishable food drive for extremely low-income seniors. Your efforts will help seniors who otherwise do not have enough money for basic groceries.
Did you know New Mexico is second in the nation for senior hunger and senior malnutrition?
Hosting a food drive is a great team building activity, and a fun way to create competitions.
Hosting a food drive is a meaningful way to say, “We LOVE our Parents, Grandparents, and Seniors Just Like Them!”
Every month, Silver Horizons’ Senior Food Market Program provides about 2-weeks’ worth of groceries to seniors in the Greater Albuquerque Area. Our program also includes meat, produce, dairy items, pet food, basic toiletries, as well as dry and canned goods. This food drive would be for collecting nonperishables only.
It is because of your support, we now distribute food to 1,800+ low-income seniors…every month!
Thanks very much for your willingness to help seniors!
Our senior clients need help with critical basic needs. Unfortunately, most indicators point to an increasing need as our population continues to age and the number of low-income seniors grows. Today, with the help of volunteers, our organization is ready to expand its program and deliver to many more needy seniors in the greater Albuquerque area. But we need you!
If you are interested in learning more about hosting a food drive, please email Deanna at email@example.com or call 801-550-4889. Thank you!
Silver Horizons can accept nonperishable food item donations and is always taking unopened and unused personal hygiene items and pet products including:
- Canned food items
- Dry food items (such as cereal, rice, pasta, etc.)
- Toilet paper
- Toothpaste / Toothbrushes / Floss
- Hand and bar soap
- Dish soap
- Combs and brushes
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Body wash
- Wet and dry dog food
- Wet and dry cat food
- Kitty litter
Have an item you would like to donate, but don’t see it on the list? We are always in need of hygiene products to help keep seniors happy and healthy. Call us at 505-884-3881 to make sure we can take the item you wish to donate.