Vehicle Donation Service
Donating your car, truck, SUV, motorcycle, RV, boat, jet ski, airplane (or anything else with wheels or a motor!), is an easy way to help Silver Horizons and the seniors we serve every day. We accept any vehicle, in any condition, running or not, even if it has been in an accident. We handle all the paperwork, and make the process as easy as possible for you.
Our organization partners with One Community Auto, LLC, a local, veteran-owned company, to help us accept your generous donation. They will pick-up your vehicle from any location, and coordinate with your schedule (usually within 24-hours). Proceeds from your donated vehicle helps the lowest-income seniors meet basic needs, have access to nutrition, and enjoy a safe & secure home.
Benefits to You as a Donor
1. Maximum tax deduction. One Community Auto will sell your car on our behalf. They will sell it at their Albuquerque used-car dealership for as close to market retail price as possible. Their unique approach helps make sure that you potentially get a higher tax deduction than you would receive with other vehicle donation services. Most donated cars are sold at auction, which returns only pennies on the dollar back to charities.
2. One Community Auto will take care of hauling away your car, no matter its condition.
3. They will send you a tax receipt in the mail.
4. Dollars generated by your donation stay in New Mexico, with the proceeds staying here in our area to help your senior neighbors here in our local community.
5. Most importantly your donation helps us provide senior households with Utility Assistance, Housing Repair and Free Groceries. This allows our lowest-income seniors to meet their basic needs and remain in their own safe and secure home.
Ready To Get Started?
The process is really simple! Just follow these easy steps:
- Visit www.onecommunityauto.com, then click on the “Donate Now” tab.
- Fill out the online donation form on One Community Auto’s website.
- Or, if you prefer, call Felicia at 505-901-9510. She’ll be happy to walk you through everything.
- Your vehicle will be picked-up, refurbished, and sold in Albuquerque at One Community Auto’s used-car dealership.
- You will receive a final receipt for tax purposes.
Our partners at One Community Auto make the process hassle free. We know it’s often tough to part with your car, but rest assured, your car donation will be handled with the utmost care. We trust the friendly folks at One Community Auto to do their best, and to get the most money for your vehicle, to help seniors in New Mexico live better lives.
Should you decide to help your fellow New Mexicans by giving a car to charity, your generosity is greatly appreciated!